Kale and Apple Salad
4/1/15 — This vibrant salad is cleansing, soothing, and very tasty! It’s ready in minutes and I think it will make you feel fantastic!
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 4.5 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
- 6 overflowing cups of chopped kale
- 1/2 apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, combine the honey, vinegar, oil and lemon juice. Stir well.
In a large bowl, toss the dressing with the kale. Use your hands to massage the dressing into the leaves for 2-3 minutes, until the kale is bright green and reduced. Toss in the apple and pine nuts.
Top each serving with lemon zest, a sprinkle of salt and freshly ground black pepper.